We are very excited to announce EyezUP: now Available on the Apple App Store and on Google Play. EyezUP is an app specifically designed to help prevent texting and driving and help teens focus on driving. EyezUP gives parents more control in stopping the serious issue of texting and driving. EyezUP is different in that it actively prevents texting and driving by locking a child’s phone automatically when they are driving.
The statistics about texting and driving among teens speak for themselves:
- 94% of teenagers understand the consequences of texting and driving, but 35% of them admitted that they do it anyway.
- Of all the teenagers involved in fatal accidents every year, 21% were using a cell phone at the time of the accident.
- Teen drivers have a 400% higher chance of being in a car crash when texting than adults.
- 48% of teens in their younger teenage years have been in the car while a driver was texting. Over 1600 in the same age group are killed each year because of crashes involving texters.
There are a lot of exciting features in the EyezUP app, all focused on keeping teens safe on the road. Some are listed below:
- EyezUP will allow the parent to connect to the teens phone with a few quick setups and forces your child’s phone to automatically lock while driving.
- After connection occurs the parent can set at what speed the phone locks and how much time after stopping the phone unlocks. It defaults to 10 mph and 1 minute until it unlocks.
- Passenger exception allows you to set a schedule when locking of the phone does not occur. Examples of this could be riding the bus or on a family road trip.
- Phone tracking allows on demand tracking of your child’s phone location and moving speed. You will love always knowing where your teen is and if they are driving at a safe speed.
- Downtime is an amazing bonus feature that allows you to easily restrict the phone for a certain amount of time when your child might need to study or get some sleep.
- Set up a list of allowed numbers to call besides 911 that your child can call when the phone is locked
We have created EyezUP to help keep all kids safe behind the wheel. EyezUP helps to prevent our young drivers from being distracted by their cell phones and more focused on driving. When using the EyezUP app the parent will once more be in control of your kids safety even when they are miles away.